Sunday, February 22, 2009

so i am taking off my wristwatch

DAYUM.
DAMN.
dawes.
DAWES. Dawes. DAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWESDAWES.

So I went to the Delta Spirit concert last night at Bowery Ballroom.
Dawes was the first opening act.
They totally and completely rule my world right now. They blew me away.

When we (my 2 friends and I) were downstairs in the lounge waiting for the show to start, we started seeing Wiley & Tay & Taylor walking around...I pointed them out to my friends because they are not skullset/myspace stalkers like I am. I was too nervous/starstruck to talk to them.
Oh, and we witnessed Wiley basically walk into this woman who was holding a cup of something-or-other, and he bumped into my friend while this happened. Amusing.

Then we went upstairs for like the fourth time and decided to stay because there were finally some more people up there.
And guess who we stood next to? Seriously, you'll never guess.
Brady. AKA the UO model. Beautiful.
Oh and then the bassist from Delta Spirit came upstairs and stood next to Brady.
Oh and also in the lounge before the show the Dawes keyboardist Tay Strathairn (is he or isn't he David Strathairn's offspring?) was walking around and I was totally drooling all over myself. I like beards.

Okay also, how old is the dummer, Griffin Goldsmith (Taylor G's bro)? Like 16? Okay I just looked it up (he has a facebook! and we have 1 mutual friend!) and he is 19. Hmm. He is super super cute also. They are all cute. Wow.

By the time Delta Spirit came on (after Other Lives...not my thing...too whiney/pretentious midwestern indie for me) there were all of this sweaty, drunk, dancey bridge&tunnel-ers rubbing up against us. We endured until the end of People, Turn Around, and then we BOOKED IT the fuck outta there. I did not enjoy that chick jumping onto my back and putting her arms around my while screaming the lyrics in my ear. Seriously, people. We didn't even care to stay for the encore. We just got our coats and people-watched until Dawes came down and then we watched them. Creepy? Yeah, whatever.

All in all, good night.
Dawes fucking rules.
Seriously.
Listen to them.
Now.

No comments: