Wednesday, February 18, 2009

like loons on loon tablets

I was the very first person to check this book out of my school's library.
I was in 5th grade.
I think this must be in my top 5 favorite books of all time.
Right up there with On the Road.
Seriously.

Just watched the movie online last night. Did it come out in the US?
I saw the soundtrack in zaavi when I was in the UK, but I don't remember hearing anything about it before or after that.
She is so freaking cute.
The perfect Georgia.
Here's the Ace Gang:
Ellen, Gee, Rosie, and Jas.
--If Jas looks familiar it's because she played the young Sophie (Jessica Biel) in The Illusionist.
Tom and Robbie.
Yeah, right, these guys are totally 16.
In the movie they are twins.
And seriously SexGodlike.
Here is Peter, who I think is supposed to be Mark Big Gob (remember him?)
In the movie Peter is referred to as being from "saliva-ville."
Teehee :)
Did this costume party scene happen in the book? I can't remember.
Interesting as the beginning of the transition from junior high to high school, hence the "New Georgia."Check out the Sex God's eyes. Dreeeaammyyy.
And look at those arms! Damn, boy.
Also, how cuh-yute does Gee look here?
These are all the books I got up to before I got too old/they got boring.
Perhaps I should hang out in B&N for a while and catch up on the burgeoning relationship between Georgia and Dave the Laugh...Now that Robbie's in Kiwi-a-go-go land and Georgia moved on to Masimo the Italian Stallion, she's been getting Horn Lessons from Dave the Laugh...but obvi they have something more than a friendship. HHHMMMMM...The movie ended with this cheesy dance party scene for Georgia's birthday party at the club she wanted. And Ellen got together with Dave the Laugh (on the left there). Oops did I just spoil it? Oh well. The books are clearly better, but this was definitely enjoyable. Especially as the Sex God Twins are so beautiful.


ALSO:
The girl who plays Wet Lindsay was Sophy Hutton in Cranford! I totally blogged about that a few months ago. WEIRD.

Jools, Mabs (Ace Gang members), Nauseating P. Green, Mark Big Gob, and Sven were all cut from the movie. Sven does get one mention at the beginning, but other than that, nada. Upsetting, since Sven is one of the best parts of the book. I guess they couldn't put EVERYTHING in the movie, though.



AND
Robbie's band the Stiff Dylans is a total guilty pleasure yummy pop rock boy band YAY





No comments: